10 June 2014

[ABC Nails] E is for Esmaltes da Kelly

Yes, I am 1 day late, but yesterday I got home so tired, tried to take photos of my manicure in my usual set up, and all the photos came out looking like crap! So I just gave up, decided to wait for today, try with some natural light, and started watching Penny Dreadful.
OMG! I got addicted to it fast! The story is so mysterious and the characters so complex that I just had to watch all the episodes that are out so far. I'll leave you the trailer if you want to check it out:

Sim, estou 1 dia atrasada, mas ontem cheguei a casa tão cansada, ainda tentei tirar fotos à manicure, mas no sitio do costume, com a luz habitual, as fotos ficaram uma valente cagada! Desisti, decidi esperar por hoje e tentar com luz natural, e enfiei-me na cama a ver uma série nova, Penny Dreadful.
OMG! Viciei-me depressa! A história é tão misteriosa e as personagens tão complexas, que tive de ver todos os episodios disponiveis, assim de seguidinha. Vou deixar-vos o trailer, se quiserem ver:



Props for the actors, especially for Eva Green. She's amazing here!

Os actores são excelentes, em especial a Eva Green, que faz um papelão na série!

But that's not why I'm here today, so lets move on to the nails.
As you all know by now, this is a challenge I'm doing with Maggie, from Maggie's Nails, and Rosana, from Eternal Feelings, and this week we're doing a brand that starts with E. I choose Crying Wolf by Esmaltes da Kelly.

Esmaltes da Kelly is a brazilian indie brand, and it's creator, Kelly, has beautiful nails, impeccable taste and makes the most gorgeous nail polishes. I only have Crying Wolf in my collection, but boy, I wish I had them all.

Crying Wolf is a multicoloured glitter polish, in a dark purple jelly formula, The glitters in it are quite small, but that's exactly what I love about it. It's happiness in a tiny bottle! (I have it since last year, and at that time her bottles were quite small, I think they're about 5ml) I even took some bottle shots this time.

Mas não é para falar disto que estou aqui, vamos mas é falar das unhas.
Como já sabem, este é um desafio que estou a fazer com a Maggie, do blog Maggie's Nails e com a Rosana, do blog Eternal Feelings, e esta semana estamos a postar uma marca que comece com a letra E. Eu escolhi o Crying Wolf da Esmaltes da Kelly.

Esmaltes da Kelly é uma marca indie brasileira, e a sua criadora, a Kelly, tem umas unhas lindas, um gosto impecável e faz os indies mais bonitos de sempre. Só tenho o Crying Wolf na minha colecção, mas o meu desejo era tê-los a todos, mesmo.

O Crying Wolf é um verniz de glitter multicolorido, numa base jelly roxa escura. Os glitters que o compõem são relativamente pequenos, mas é por esta mesma razão que gosto tanto deste verniz. É a felicidade num frasquinho pequenito! (Tenho-o desde o ano passado, na altura os vidrinhos da Kelly eram assim pequenitos. Acho que rondam os 5ml) Até tirei fotos ao frasquinho, desta vez.



Here I layered 1 coat of it over Kiko 334:

Nas fotos, usei 1 camada do Crying Wolf por cima do Kiko 334:
 








Crying Wolf is packed, and I really mean PACKED, with glitter, so it's formula is quite dense and a bit tick, but, fortunately, that doesn't make it hard to apply. I used it before, by itself, in 3 coats (no photos of that, sorry, it was a long time ago) and I think it looks best layered over a similar colour. The only complain I have about this nail polish is that it eats top coat like crazy. I had to use 3 coats of Seche Vite to smooth it out, that's just too much! As a result of that, I got some shrinkage close to my cuticles.

On my ring finger nail, I used Ruby Wing Wanted Dead or Alive (review on that coming soon), and then stamped over it, with Kiko 334, using my Moyou Pro Collection 02 plate.

This is it for today, don't forget to check out Maggie and Rosana's choices for this letter.

Keep having a great week!

Este verniz está carregadinho de glitter, e quando digo isto, é mesmo CARREGADINHO com glitter! Por este motivo, a sua fórmula é bastante densa e um bocadinho grossa, mas, felizmente, isto não o torna difícil de aplicar. Já o usei sozinho antes, com 3 camadas (desculpem, mas não tenho fotos...já foi há bastante tempo atrás) e acho que fica mais bonito assim, por cima de um verniz de cor similar. A única queixa que tenho do Crying Wolf  é que come top coat como louco. Tive de usar 3 camadas de Seche Vite para ficar lisinho, como gosto, e isto é simplesmente demais! Como resultado, o top coat fez com que o verniz encolhesse um bocado, junto às cutículas.

No meu anelar usei o Ruby Wing Wanted Dead or Alive (revisão deste para breve), que depois carimbei, com o Kiko 334, usando a minha plaquinha Moyou Pro Collection 02.

Por hoje é tudo, não se esqueçam de ver o que a Maggie e a Rosana escolheram para esta letra.

Continuação de uma óptima semana!
















5 comments:

  1. I love the way you realized the accent.
    So different but also so matching! *_*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olá <3
    Excelente escolha para esta letra, adorei especialmente o anelar, que delícia.
    Um grande beijinho,
    Rosana

    http://eternalfeelingss.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raquel_9mlUniverseJun 13, 2014, 11:11:00 PM

    Thank you! I really loved it too. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raquel_9mlUniverseJun 13, 2014, 11:12:00 PM

    Surprinsingly, i does! I really enjoyed the final look. ^^
    And thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raquel_9mlUniverseJun 13, 2014, 11:12:00 PM

    Olááá! <3
    Tb adorei o anelar! Vou ter de usar mais vezes este carimbo.
    Beijinhos.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you feel like it! I love reading your opinions and thoughts and I always reply to my comments when I post a new blog entry, so please check back.