17 January 2013

The North Pole Is A Real Place

Hello hello!
Hope everyone's week is going ok so far, wednesday is almost over and that means there is only 2 more days for the weekend! Woohoo!! xD

There's something new on the blog today, I've got an indie to show you guys!! How exciting, I finally have my first indie. :3 (Already have 3 new ones that got here from Brazil yesterday and another one from Llarowe on it's way.)
I won this one at a giveway hosted by Charlotte, creator of WellNails, around Christmas time and it got to me the day after my birthday. It was the perfect birthday gift!
I didn't wait long to wear it, even though I had a bit of a hard time choosing my undies. I've seen it mostly over white, but I wanted the white glitter to be really visible, so that was a no no for me. I finally went with a light gray, however, I ended up regretting it...I don't think it complements my skin very well and it makes me feel like I have lobster hands. xD 

The North Pole is a real place is a gorgeous white glitter polish in a milky white base. It has 3 different shapes of glitter (at least to my eye), big hexes, small hexes and squares around the same size as the bigger hexes. Oh, and to make it even more special, it glows in the dark! I wore 2 coats of it over 2 coats of Risqué Arábia. 

Ora viva, minha gente!
Espero que a vossa semana esteja a correr bem até agora, a quarta feira está quase quase a acabar e isto significa, que daqui a 2 dias já é fim de semana novamemente!! Weeeee!! xD

Tenho algo de novo para vos mostrar hoje, um indie!! Que alegria, finalmente tenho o meu primeiro indie. :3 (Agora já tenho mais 3 que chegaram do Brasil ontem e tenho outro da Llarowe a caminho.)
Este ganhei num giveaway, pela altura do Natal, feito pela Charlotte, criadora da marca WellNails, e chegou às minhas mãozinhas no dia a seguir ao meu aniversário. Foi um presente perfeito! 

Não esperei muito para usá-lo, apesar de ter tido alguma dificuldade em escolher a minha cor de base. Já o tinha visto várias vezes sobre branco, mas queria que o glitter branco ficasse realmente visível, por isso pus de parte esta opção. Acabei por escolher um cinza clarinho e, infelizmente, acabei por me arrepender desta escolha...não acho que a cor favoreça o meu tom de pele e faz parecer com que tenha mãos de lagosta. xD

The North Pole is a real Place é um lindo verniz de glitter branco, numa base branca e leitosa. Tem 3 formatos de glitter diferentes (pelo menos são os que consigo distinguir), hexágonos grandes, hexágonos pequenos e quadrados do mesmo tamanho dos hexágonos maiores. Ah, e para torná-lo mais especial, ele brilha no escuro! Usei 2 camadas do glitter sobre 2 camadas do Arábia da Risqué.


 






The formula was surprisingly good (I had no idea of what to expect from an indie xD), I had no trouble applying it, the glitters were very manageable and were evenly distributed on the nail, no need to dab around for a good placement.

You can buy this, and several other awesome polishes, here at Charlotte's shop, and if you're a How I Met Your Mother fan like me, please go check it out, her collections are mostly inspired by the show and the polishes have the cutest names!

Now tell me, what was your favourite indie? The one that made you want to try some more? And if you don't have one, which one do you want the most?

A fórmula é surpreendentemente boa (não fazia a mínima ideia do que esperar de um indie xD), não tive qualquer problema em aplicá-lo e os glitters são muito fáceis de manusear e ficaram uniformemente distribuídos pela unha, sem ser preciso malabarismo algum para ficarem bem colocados.

Podem comprar este, e vários outros magníficos vernizes, aqui na loja da Charlotte, e se forem fãs da série How I Met Your Mother (ou Foi Assim Que Aconteceu como é chamada por cá) tal como eu, por favor dêem uma espreitadela! A maior parte das colecções dela são inspiradas na série e têm os nomes mais fofos!

Agora digam-me, qual foi o vosso primeiro indie? Aquele que vos fez querer experimentar mais? E se ainda não têm nenhum, qual o que mais desejam? 




8 comments:

  1. Wow!!! love this nail color. Love the color and love the way it glows in the dark too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mãos de lagosta? Que nada, ficou muito giro na tua cor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada Denise, mas ficou pior ao vivo. xD

      Delete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS. I NEED to get my hands on this polish! I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone got excited!:P I really love it and I've already worn it twice in less than 3 weeks. xD

      Delete
  4. And what an awesome indie! Can you believe I don't own any glow in the dark polishes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can!! This is my first one too, and it's so weird to wake up in the middle of the night and see your nails glowing. xD

      Delete
  5. Se o usares sobre o branco vais ver que o brilho dele fica muito mais intenso... Aqui em casa a minha filha já o usou e brilhou a noite inteira... testei-o sobre uma carimbada branca e achei o resultado fenomenal...
    Ele sobre o branco tem um comportamento perfeito...
    Tens que experimentar...
    Bjs
    Luísa

    http://efoiumdiaqueelacriouoseublogue.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you feel like it! I love reading your opinions and thoughts and I always reply to my comments when I post a new blog entry, so please check back.