09 November 2012

Eradicate H8 in the nail polish community!

Bullying is not funny. It is not cool. It is not right. And more importantly, it is not okay.
Most of us are, thankfully, residents of countries that support tolerance and many of our families have settled in these places simply for that reason. Generations later, it is our responsibility to perpetuate that message of tolerance across our new social platforms, including the internet.

As members of the nail polish blogging community, we all share a love of beauty, color, and lacquer. Other than that, we are remarkably different: from our race to our religion to our hair color...even to our polish application techniques. To marginalize anyone because of those differences is completely unacceptable and today I take a stand against that. I refuse to allow other people's view of "normal" dictate how I behave, believe, and blog.

In solidarity with a multitude of bloggers linked below, my purple manicure represents my proud commitment to the No H8 movement. Today, November 8, I dedicate my post to ending bullying of any kind and to encouraging diversity and imperfection among our colorful community.


Today, lots of nail polish bloggers are sticking together to raise awareness on this subject, by doing a purple manicure. Fortunately I was never a victim of this, and especially not here, on my little corner of the internet.  I have gotten nothing but lovely comments from all of you, but some of my fellow bloggers weren't as lucky as me, and got some mean and nasty comments that were totally uncalled for! Sure, not everyone likes what you do, or how you do it, you can't please everyone all the time, but if you can't find a good thing to say, or give some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, then it's just better to let it go and say nothing at all. Also, if you don't like someone's nails, nail art or whatever, then don't follow that blog, no one is forcing you to! Let's not forget that behind some random nails you see on the internet, there's a real person with feelings and we're all here doing the same thing, sharing our love for nail polish...So let's keep supporting and learning from each other and leave all this bullying behind us, we are better than that!

And, after all this rant, here's my manicure:






I used 2 coats of Leticia Well Profesional #143 and then stamped with Catrice Forget Me Not and my DRK-B. Not too happy about this, it didn't come out as I had hoped and my stamping kind of failed here, but I didn't have time to redo it...

Even though I'm considering this a failed mani, I still wanted to participate in the NO H8 event today, so that's what you get! :P





9 comments:

  1. Olá =)
    Como sempre as tuas unhas estão e são lindas! Adoro todas as tuas manicures, são sempre maravilhosas e esta não é excepção =)
    Beijinhos,
    Rosana

    http://eternalfeelingss.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mt obrigada, Rosana! Beijinho grande para ti! :D

      Delete
  2. Ora.. esse roxinho é lindo *.*
    E, apesar de a carimbadela não estar a 100%(ta a 98% :P) sendo feita para uma "causa" tão boa, ninguem leva a mal!!

    Beijinho*
    cenasdalala.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tem umas falhinhas tolaaaas, mas olha, ninguem é perfeito, n é assim? :P

      **

      Delete
  3. Such an important subject! The awareness is definitely needed. Lovely mani too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous! Lovely mani!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Definitely my cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both such gorgeous purples, and your stamping is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you feel like it! I love reading your opinions and thoughts and I always reply to my comments when I post a new blog entry, so please check back.